• Galoopy van Staden from Meyerton, Gauteng – Shot and killed by a hijacker, possibly also by someone pretending to be a customer as Galoopy was also a businessman.
• Shaun Krull – A farmer shot and killed on his farm in the Eastern Cape.
• Miemie Frost (72) – An elderly lady farming alone on her farm in Bethlehem, Free State. Her body was found dumped in the local graveyard.
• Tiaan from the Western Cape – His surname is unknown but his body was found in a park with knife wounds.
• Wynand Labuschagne (27) – Shot to death by house robbers in his flat in Brentwood Park, Kempton Park.
• John Barnard (83) from Gouritsmond, Southern Cape – Found murdered in his home. He was a retired dominee ( church minister).
• Karen Turner (31) – Stabbed together with her husband Matthew whilst the couple was sleeping in a guest lodge in the * Hluleka game reserve in the Eastern Cape. She was 3 months pregnant and her 23-month-old son Hayden was also with their parents in the room. Matthew barely survived the stabbing.
• Florence Jennifer Dilworth (55) from Durban – Stabbed and brutally beaten after she unknowingly got into what she thought was a taxi. It was in fact a hijacked vehicle. She wanted to go to church. Her body was found on the side of the road.
• Barbra Joubert – Found naked and severely beaten near the Daspoort tunnel in Pretoria. She died in hospital shortly after.
• Ryno Eagar from Witbank – Stabbed to death with a knife.
• Christiaan Peens from Klerksdorp – Run over by a taxi. His body was only found 3 months later close to the accident scene.
• Gary Goslin (56) – He was found murdered in his home in Elandia, Klerksdorp. His house had good security with high walls and security cameras.
• Delores Ireland (77) – Found bound and strangled in her home on the Bluff in Durban.
• Frik Roodt (66) – Shot dead during a house robbery in his home in Empangeni, KZN.
• Rina Groenewald (69) – Her naked body was found in her granny flat in Henley-on-Klip in Gauteng on 2 September. She was strangled.
• Unknown farmer from Kameeldrift Pretoria – It was widely reported in the media that a farmer was shot and killed whilst fixing his fence on Friday 27 September. His name has not been released yet. Relatives and friends are requested to share his name with us.
As recorded by Afriforum, Community Safety.
Reported By Crime Correspondent for SouthAfricaToday.