A VIDEO SHARED ON SOCIAL MEDIA EXPOSES THE LITTLE TO NO LAW AND ORDER IN THE DURBAN CENTRAL DISTRICT, HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF PARTY GOERS ROAM THE STREET AFTER 00:00 HOURS WHICH BY LAW IS CURFEW.
THE CURFEW LAW IS STRICTLY ENFORCED IN SUBURBAN AREAS BUT LEAVES QUESTION MARKS WHEN IT COMES TO THE CENTRAL DURBAN POLICING AREAS.
AS PER GAZETTED LAW
- President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that government will be launching the ‘Vooma Vaccination’ programme to intensify the vaccination drive
- The curfew will change from midnight to 04:00
- The maximum number of people permitted to attend meetings indoors will increase from 250 to 750
- The maximum number of people permitted to attend meetings outdoors will increase from 500 to 2000
- The maximum number of people permitted to attend funerals, will increase from 50 to 100
- The sale of alcohol for on and off-site consumption will be permitted according to the normal license provisions, no alcohol will be sold after 23:00
- The department of health will soon be rolling out a vaccination certificate, it can be used to facilitate travel and access establishments that require proof of vaccination